Do you have a defect on your granite countertop and don’t know how to fix it? In this blog post we are going to show you step by step how to fix granite countertop chips or cracks.
The first thing you need to do is get yourself the best countertop repair kit. We have a selection of different granite repair kits from what you can choose from. Each countertop has a different surface and needs its own special kit. We have different kits for granite, marble, stone, quartz, corian and others. If you need professional guidance on how to choose the best surface repair kit then send us a message. We are more than happy to help you out.
How to fix a granite countertop chip?
Each of our granite repair kits has full instruction on the product package. You don’t need to be a professional to fix your broken chip or crack. We have thousands of customers who are fixing their countertop chip the first time and are having incredible results.
- The first thing you need to do is to clean the surface because you don’t want any dust or dirt to be under the filling when applying it.
- After that use the correct filling for your surface. If you have a dark or white surface then you can just use black or white filling. If you have a colour surface then check out our multi-colour surface repair kit to get the right colour match. You could also use the clear filling for colour surfaces because it’s transparent.
- Third step is a must do! If you don’t use the leveling tape then the surface remains wet after curing with the blue light. So apply the leveling tape and move on to the next step.
- Level the surface a little bit to make sure that there’s enough filling in the chip.
- Apply blue light to the filling for 30 seconds.
- Use sandpaper and polish the surface for the best result.
Now you know how to fix your granite countertop chip or a crack. It's not that difficult if you have the right tools.
Each of our granite repair kits comes with full instructions and components so you can do it yourself. Make sure you look at our surface repair kit selection and choose the right kit for yourself.
If you have any questions about how to fix your granite countertop chip then send us a message and we are more than happy to help you out.